Tuesday, July 12, 2005

::Lost:.

You say you are fine- But are you really?
A brave front; false bravado.
So many things i want to say, yet
You do not give me a chance-
You do not give
Yourself a chance

I want to tell you not to feel
Sad, but that is ridiculous-
I know I would feel
Sad too; yet you are not
Alone, loss is no alien-
To me as it is to you

She left last year
Quietly in the night-
No storm, no thunder, no ominous music
Only silence, yet not unexpected
She has battled long; I will not wish such
Fate upon another

Once a year we met; I
Measured the worth of a red packet
Against the doll lying on the bed
Lifeless. Her eyes were closed; the
Curtains were drawn- I
Wondered if I could have known her better

Yet that little fleeting, I
Owe her memory that much; no
Regrets. The hopelessness
Returned tonight; music
Played, but my heart was not there-
It ached (with the void in yours)

I do not claim to understand;
Just hope that you will give me yours
So hard it was for one so
Distant;
I can only imagine- he is so
Close


My heart;
Words do no justice-
My love;
I will keep this vigil with you tonight